Questions are powerful things
Discover a brighter way
They change the way we think. They open the doors to all kinds of new possibilities. And they can help all of us to work out what ‘better’ could look like.
Welcome to Octopus, a group of businesses that question things to make them better. For the last 17 years we’ve been applying our inquisitive nature in sectors such as investments, healthcare and energy. Because together, our questions might just help change the world.
Building better businesses
- Changing the world of investing for the better, with simple, jargon-free products that do what they're supposed to. Discover
- Improving people's health and wellbeing by investing in care homes, hospitals, surgeries and schools. Discover
Investing £100 million a year into unusually talented entrepreneurs intent on building big businesses.
- Providing fast and flexible loans to UK residential and commercial property developers and investors. Discover
- Not only one of the UK's biggest generators of renewable energy, but also one of its top-rated energy suppliers. Discover
Blending financial expertise with
cutting-edge innovation to build smart,
easy-to-use products and services.
Questions lead to better
- On the road: building the next generation of fleet vehicles Find out how we’re helping companies build and operate fleets of zero emission vehicles. Read more
- Question the questions: applying some Socrates to your US expansion plans A new Octopus Ventures report may prove invaluable for companies thinking of expanding westwards. Read more
- Thoughts on building a business Starting a business has become both easier and much harder, says Simon Rogerson. Read more
- The pursuit of better healthcare technology Technological advances have the potential to transform healthcare improving the lives of millions. Read more
- 10 questions for Greatwood Charity Sasha Thorbek-Hooper opens the stable doors on Greatwood Charity, supported by Octopus Giving. Read more
- Octopus again teams up with MPC Creative for TV ad campaign We’ve been working with the BAFTA-winning agency to produced our new ‘a brighter way’ TV ad. Read more
- Three reasons why the financial services industry needs to do better When it comes to keeping customers happy, why are financial services companies still falling short? Read more
- What does it take to create the energy company of the future? Let’s skip 15 years to imagine what the future of energy supply looks like. Read more
- EY names Octopus founders UK Entrepreneur of the Year for 2017 Octopus founders Simon Rogerson and Chris Hulatt scooped two prestigious awards at EY’s UK awards ceremony. Read more
- Why ‘investing for good’ has long term benefits for everyone We’ve partnered with ClearlySo to measure the long-term impact of the companies we invest in. Read more
- Batteries included: meet the cars of the future You may be ‘plugging in’ instead of ‘filling up’ much sooner than you thought. Read more